Accounting for Tech Startups
Have you started a new technology business, or are you thinking about starting one?
You’ve (hopefully) been focusing on what your business will do to solve a real problem in the market, but you also need to know what compliance and incentive programs are available to you to ensure that your business is successful and in line with rules and regulations. This is where Tandem Accounting Group Ltd. comes in!
Tandem has a long history of working and investing in technology startups, and can provide you with very practical guidance in all aspects of the startup process, like: incorporating, finding a good lawyer, setting up banks, setting up accounting and payroll systems, and getting set up properly with government incentive programs and investors.
Tandem is running an intense 4 hour training session covering the full concept to company “must do’s and don’ts” of getting your tech business up and running fast.
Startup founders – this one’s for you!
The course includes:
- Incorporating and business structuring (founder shares and cap tables)
- Registering your business with the Canada Revenue Agency – the do’s and don’ts
- What year end should I pick and why?
- Accounting systems – Quickbooks, QBO, Xero, Freshbooks- What is best for you?
- Payroll systems – Payroll versus consulting considerations.
- Critical process – Purchasing policies, expense reporting, and time tracking
- Understanding various government incentive programs – NRC-IRAP, NSERC, SR&ED, EUREKA, Eurostars, EDC
- Building a fundable business model and financial projections – Including template walkthrough
- Raising your first angel round – Do’s and Don’ts
- If you already have an accounting system – we’ll go over processes of working with your bookkeeper
If you have any questions about the event, contact us at: email@example.com
Date: Saturday April 29 2017 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM PST
Event Registration: https://www.picatic.com/event14840931623052