Tandem is a firm built by Entrepreneurs for Entrepreneurs. We work with clients to navigate complex business opportunities by providing fractional C-Suite solutions, combined with back-office support for our client’s immediate needs. We offer a network of fractional CFOs to raise capital, provide investor relations, work with clients on their go-to-market strategy and optimize their business model. Combined with a team of bookkeepers to ensure monthly reporting compliance and a deep network to fill talent gaps, Tandem takes a co-founder approach to propel companies to the next level.
Accounting Technologist/ Bookkeeping Team Lead Job Description
This role will focus on mastering accounting software and related bookkeeping technology to facilitate smooth client onboarding, implementation of technology workflows and ongoing collaboration with clients and their staff. The ideal candidate will bring a background in learning bookkeeping and have an aptitude for learning new cloud technology. You are the right fit for the role if you are a finisher with an excellent ability to see tasks through to completion.
- Manage scheduling and capacity of a small but growing team of bookkeepers
- Work with Practice Manager or designate to hire additional resources as needed
- Support client project close-our checking for quality and accuracy; address client concerns in a professional and timely manner
- Work closely with the onboarding and sales team to successfully onboard new clients. Set up clients on cloud-based accounting platforms including QBO, Wagepoint, Hubdoc, Plooto, Google Suite and Slack
- Conduct client kick-off calls and answer client questions
- Set up and maintain customer satisfaction and success for clients (via survey & call check points) in the first 1-2 weeks to assess fit, midway and upon completion of project or key milestones.
- Research and implement best practices for new accounting and cloud technology, including: QBO, Xero, Hubdoc, GDrive, Plooto, Lastpass, Slack and more.
- Master accounting software and support clients through onboarding, troubleshooting, and maintaining their technology stack.
- Using the latest in cloud technology, support Tandem’s bookkeepers with routine monthly bookkeeping and client challenges
- Apply technical skills required to complete monthly closes, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, payroll, and GST returns, and Year-End working paper preparation.
- Review, edit and remit proposals, reports, presentation decks and final documents to clients
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for merchant account reconciliations like Amazon, Shopify, Stripe and Square.
- Passion for learning new cloud technologies
- Experience with QBO, Wagepoint, Hubdoc, Plooto, Google Suite and Slack required
- Detail-oriented, meticulous individual with excellent organizational skills
- Previous bookkeeping experience required
- Experience leading a team, an asset
Reports to: CEO
Hours of work: 20-40 hours/week
Rate: $20-$35 per hour depending on experience