Hire a post-secondary student to work in tech. Wage subsidies cover up to 50% of the costs of a work term placement, up to $5,000 per placement. For under-represented groups up to 70% of the costs, up to $7,000 can be covered. Apply for up to 5 applications per employer.
Preference will be given to tech immersive roles that are within high-growth sectors:
- Digital technology (IT, digital marketing, software engineering, etc.)
- AI / IoT / Machine Learning / Advanced Manufacturing
- Clean Tech
- Health Tech
Offering an unsecured joint loan of up to $70,000, matching Futurpreneur’s interest rates. Flexible repayment options and up to six months of interest only. Free ongoing business advice from your personal Business Advisor. Mentorship and free business skills training are available.
- Between the ages of 19 and 39
- A woman (or women) who owns and controls at least 51% of a business that is registered and located in British Columbia
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Residing in British Columbia
A $400 million investment from the Government of Canada to support charities and non-profits as they focus on how to adapt their organizations for pandemic recovery.
- Applications open on January 6, 2023.
- Join a webinar on January 12, 2023 for a walk-through of the program and its guidelines. This session will give you insight on the fund, its eligibility criteria, timelines and next steps.
Career Ready Work Placement Program. (2022, November 29). TECHNATION. https://technationcanada.ca/en/future-workforce-development/career-ready-program/?utm_source=bbf-orae
Business Loans For Youth. (2021, December 17). WeBC. https://we-bc.ca/what-we-offer/financing/business-loans-for-youth/?utm_source=bbf-orae
Resources | Ressources. (n.d.). Community Services Recovery Fund. https://communityservicesrecoveryfund.ca/resources