Our top 3 picks for funding opportunities this October
The IRP can provide up to $100,000 in non-repayable capital.
Funded by the Government of Canada the IRP has $50 million in grants and contribution programs designed to support social purpose organizations as they contribute to solving social, cultural or environmental challenges across Canada. They can be charities, non-profits, social enterprises, co-operatives or businesses with a social mission.
The renewed program will also expand support to SPOs led by or serving equity-deserving groups, such as (among others):
- Indigenous peoples – First Nations, Métis, Inuit
- Low-income people
- Black Canadians and other racialized peoples
- People with disabilities
- Members of the LGBTQ2+ community
- Official language minority communities
- Recent immigrants and refugees
Deadline: Applications close at 2:00 PM PT on November 22, 2022.
Are you under 40? If you have a good business plan, you can start or expand your business with the Young Entrepreneur Loan. Purchase shares in, buy, or improve an agricultural or food-related business, and take your dream business to the next level.
- Get capital for your business up to $1,500,000
- Low-interest rates so you can focus on building your business
- Establish or expand your business and build your credit history with FCC
- AgExpert Bundle: Get AgExpert Accounting Premium and AgExpert Field Premium for one year (a $499 value)
Contact your local team to get started.
Ventures receive a 0% interest 5-year loan that is paid in installments. As you pay back the loan, the money is paid forward to new Ventures. You’ll receive access to a global community of women who support you as customers, advisors, and connectors and become your biggest fans.
- Companies must be working on creating a better world through their business model and/or product and service as defined by the UN Sustainability Goals.
- Majority owned (51%+) by cis* or trans woman, non-binary, gender-fluid or gender nonconforming people.
- Majority led by a cis* or trans woman, non-binary, gender-fluid or gender non-conforming person. For Coralus (formerly SheEO), “led by” refers to the senior leadership role of CEO/ President.
- You have generated between $50K – $2M in Australia, New Zealand, Canada or the USA, or £40K – £2M in the United Kingdom, in recurring revenue, from customers, in the last 12 months. If you are a not-for-profit or charity that generates revenue and can pay back a loan over 5 years, then you can apply.
- Your Venture is registered as a legal entity in the region for which you are applying and has export potential.
Round 2 of applications: Nov 14 – Dec 4, 2022
Canada, E.and S.D. (2022) Government of Canada, Canada.ca. / Gouvernement du Canada. Available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/social-innovation-social-finance/investment-readiness.html (Accessed: October 20, 2022).
Farm Credit Canada – Financement agricole Canada (no date) Young Entrepreneur Loan, FCC. Available at: https://www.fcc-fac.ca/en/financing/young-entrepreneur-loan.html (Accessed: October 20, 2022).
Cree, H. (2022) The venture invitation, Coralus, Formerly SheEO. Available at: https://coralus.world/the-venture-invitation/ (Accessed: October 20, 2022)